Hi all – can’t believe this year is already over. Here’s a little playlist to get you get excited for the New Year’s Resolution-ers! You can find the spotify link here: cycle tunes 10.24.15
- Steely Dan – Peg (4:00) : Warm Up, stretch
- Josh Ritter – Getting Ready to Get Down (3:16) : Rolling hills
- Miike Snow – Animal (4:23) : Climbing. Quickly building to a heavy hill, once you get there, moving in and out of the saddle.
- Katy Perry – This is How We Do (3:24) : Sprints. Three sprints. 20 sec at 0:40; 20 sec at 1:30; and 30 sec at 2:20.
- Justin Beiber – What do you Mean? (3:28) : Recovery. Build to climbing, surges in the saddle uphill.
- Benny Benassi – Cinema (3:03) : Lifts in and out of the saddle. I LOVE this song. You can also use this one for sprints if you want an extra challenge.
- will.i.am – THE (The Hardest Ever) (4:07) : Climbing, reaching heavy peak.
- Tove Stryke – Number One (3:25) : Flat road. Keep it challenging with 60 second surges.
- Mumford and Sons – Lover of the Light (5:15) : Quick surges uphill
- Electric Guest – This Head I Hold (2:56) : Lifts, in and out entire song.
- Maroon 5 – Animals (3:51) : Sprints. 20 sec at 1:02; 40 sec at 2:03 and 40 sec at 3:06.
- Adele – Hello (4:55) : Stretching and cool down
3 thoughts on “Last Playlist of 2015!”
Hi, I just got certified and a friend will take me under her wing. I’m going to start her class Sunday. My brain has gone to mush. Experienced riders in the class. A good 4 min warm up?a seated climb to a standing climb and a recovery, any thoughts to a play list? Jeannie
Yes, I love starting a warmup with rolling hills. Maybe hitting 75% of max resistance with first hill (within a minute or so, but keeping pace quick), little break on resistance, and then loading the gear back on for next minute or two and coming out of the saddle to finish up. As far as playlist, there are tons on this site, so feel free to look around and see what works for you and your class. I try to put all types of music on my lists so they don’t appeal to just one age group.
I am so glad to have found your playlists. Please keep posting 🙂