thanks to everyone who continues to check the blog even though things have been a bit dead over the summer. we are officially into fall (well, post labor day), so please expect more regular posts as i have a little more time to keep those rolling.
this week’s ride was full of surges, lifts and out of the saddle sprints. if you challenge yourself on resistance, this will be well-worth your time. here is the spotify link to the playlist: cycle tunes 9.13.12 enjoy!
- emeli sande – wonder (3:23) : warm up/stretch (heard about this tune from the olympics, love it!)
- skrillex & the doors – breakin’ a sweat (zedd remix) (5:31) : combo of standing climb and surges. breakdown looks like this: 0:30-1:00 surge, 1:00-1:58 add gear, out of saddle climb, 1:58-2:58 drop it down and surge, 2:59-4:10 out of saddle climb, 4:10-4:55 surge. final- recovery
- timbaland & miley cyrus – we belong to the music (4:27) : jumps out of the saddle
- p!nk – blow me one last kiss (4:16) : sprints. 3, 30 sec sprints.
- gotye & kimbra – somebody that i used to know (tiesto remix) (4:33) : out of the saddle climb. building up, coming out of saddle.
- eric prydz – call on me (2:49) : endurance ride
- adam lambert – never close our eyes (4:08) : jumps during verses, then hit out of saddle sprints.
- neon trees – everybody talks (2:59) : surges. they are only about 20 sec, so go a little heavier here.
- avicii – levels (radio edit) (3:20) : jumps. each minute drop to a shorter time frame.
- david guetta & sia – she wolf (falling to pieces) (3:43) : jumps on verses, out of the saddle sprints at chorus.
- red hot chili peppers – parallel universe (4:29) : surges. this is final workout sprint. make it count. also, the last minute of this song is really quirky, so i just skipped to cool down at that point.
- edward sharpe – home (5:03) : cool down and stretch
see y’all next week! as always, feel free to post recommendations.