Hi all – can’t believe this year is already over. Here’s a little playlist to get you get excited for the New Year’s Resolution-ers! You can find the spotify link here: cycle tunes 10.24.15
- Steely Dan – Peg (4:00) : Warm Up, stretch
- Josh Ritter – Getting Ready to Get Down (3:16) : Rolling hills
- Miike Snow – Animal (4:23) : Climbing. Quickly building to a heavy hill, once you get there, moving in and out of the saddle.
- Katy Perry – This is How We Do (3:24) : Sprints. Three sprints. 20 sec at 0:40; 20 sec at 1:30; and 30 sec at 2:20.
- Justin Beiber – What do you Mean? (3:28) : Recovery. Build to climbing, surges in the saddle uphill.
- Benny Benassi – Cinema (3:03) : Lifts in and out of the saddle. I LOVE this song. You can also use this one for sprints if you want an extra challenge.
- will.i.am – THE (The Hardest Ever) (4:07) : Climbing, reaching heavy peak.
- Tove Stryke – Number One (3:25) : Flat road. Keep it challenging with 60 second surges.
- Mumford and Sons – Lover of the Light (5:15) : Quick surges uphill
- Electric Guest – This Head I Hold (2:56) : Lifts, in and out entire song.
- Maroon 5 – Animals (3:51) : Sprints. 20 sec at 1:02; 40 sec at 2:03 and 40 sec at 3:06.
- Adele – Hello (4:55) : Stretching and cool down
Hi everyone! It’s been a while since my last post, but I haven’t forgotten about you! I think I’ve mentioned this before, but I transitioned into subbing classes rather than being on the regular schedule so I don’t create new playlists too often. This one was a doozy. Lots of very different, and fun music though, enjoy! (I’ll publish an update with the spotify link later today)
- Avicii – The Days (4:38) : warm up, stretching
- Steve Miller Band – Take the Monday and Run (2:52) : quick hills
- Calvin Harris – Summer (3:43) : sprints. 3, 30-sec sprints at 0:49, 2:04, and 3:04
- Mumford & Sons – I Will Wait (4:37) : quick flat road, finish with a surge uphill
- CCR – Fortunate Son (2:18) : quick downhill recovery. speed up at the finish.
- Katy Perry – Hot N Cold (3:40) : sprints. 30-sec sprints at 0:33 and 1:38; 45-sec sprint at 2:48
- Mark Ronson – Uptown Fund (4:30) : lifts in and out of saddle
- Arno Cast & Norman Doray – Strong (5:54) : I’m going to call this one a free for all. I built resistance throughout and wove in lifts when the pace of the song lightened up a bit. Have fun with this one.
- Dr. Hook – Cover of the Rolling Stone (2:52) : Quick pace, recovery.
- Givers – Up Up Up (4:34) : Climbing, fun quick pace.
- Maroon 5 – Lucky Strike (3:05) : lifts
- Four Tops – Reach Out I’ll Be There (3:18) : cool down, stretching
Hi everyone – I have a new playlist for you! I mentioned this in my last post, but I’m only teaching once a month– which is actually motivation for me to create a new playlist each time I teach. I am thinking about expanding the site a bit and posting more frequently- is there anything else that would be helpful or would you just like to see playslists?
This one is pretty random in terms of content, but a good mix of climbing/flat road/ sprints. Enjoy! Here is the spotify link: cycle tunes 12.13.14
- earth, wind & fire – september (3:35) : warm up/stretch
- zz top – sharp dressed man (4:13) : rolling hills to get everyone warmed up
- lynyrd skynyrd – gimme three steps (4:30) : you can do pretty much anything here – I am going with some quick surges at approx. 60-70% of max resistance, but you could also throw in a straight climb, lifts in and out of the saddle- whatever you’re feeling!
- citizen cope – bullet and a target (3:49) : i have to admit, i am throwing this one in for myself- i love this song. i take a steady, steep climb on this tune.
- vance joy – riptide (3:24) : this is a great one for downhill run.
- benny benassi – control (3:29) : again, this is another personal favorite. sprints on this one.
- scissor sisters – only the horses (3:43) : quick pace, lifts in and out of the saddle.
- crazy town – butterfly (3:37) : same as earlier in the ride, surges at approx 60-70% max resistance.
- angels and airwaves – the adventure (5:13) : this is the longest push of the day. this song starts off slow, but we’re on to the second, steady climb of the day.
- k’naan – wavin’ flag (3:33) : steady, quick pace. flat road.
- katy perry – this is how we do (3:24) : final push of the day, lifts in and out of the saddle.
- alabama shakes – hold on (3:46) : cool down/stretch