Yall, I’ve been promising new content forever and a day, and enough with the talk– here it is! Playlist here is pretty random, so hopefully something for everyone!
Hope y’all continue to check the site for new playlists. Last year was a DOOZY (baby, move, etc.) so with things slowing down a bit, I’ll be on my A-game this year.
Enjoy the ride and as always, here is the spotify playlist (spotify playlist 1.22.18)
- Tom Petty – American Girl (3:34) : warm up, stretch it out
- John Mellancamp – Small Town (3:41) : let’s get it going with a few rolling hills. Quick beat, so not crazy heavy…. yet. Steadily add resistance and pick up the pace with each chorus.
- Imagine Dragons – Thunder (3:07) : MAN I LOVE THIS SONG SO MUCH. It gets me so pumped up. I like this one for heavier sprints. Not all out on speed– you’ve got plenty of resistance to slow you a bit, but it’s not a heavy climb. Sprints at 0:23 and 1:14 (20 sec each) and then last one at 2:05 is about 50 sec.
- Katy Perry and Kanye West – E.T. (3:49) : sprints, each on the chorus about 30 sec
- Fall Out Boy – Centuries (3:48) : I really wanted this to be a sprint song, but it’s just not there. The pick ups in speed are too short for flat road sprints. Steady increases in resistance, picking up out of the saddle when beat picks up.
- Free – All Right Now (5:34) : here is your steady, uphill climb. Lots of variations in the music throughly the 5min+ song and opportunities to take it out of the saddle, speed up, etc.
- Hardwell – Power (2:28) : let’s flush that lactic acid out of your legs with a quick flat road. Two sprints, each 30 sec long at 0:30 and 1:39.
- Mi Gente – J Balvin, et al feat Beyonce (3:29) : interesting beat here. I like it for in and out of the saddle climb.
- NF – Let You Down (3:32) : back to climbing, this song has several slow bits, take the resistance up here and make it a heavy climb. kind of like a reverse sprint. Take the heavy bits in the saddle and give a little break on resistance and lift out of the saddle when beat picks up.
- Coldplay – Every Teardrop is a Waterfall (4:00) : endurance work. This song is 4 minutes. Aim for 2, 90sec pushes in the saddle with about 75-80% resistance.
- B.o.B – Paper Route (3:32) : lifts in and out of the saddle
- Fleetwood Mac – Everywhere (3:46) : cool down and stretch
Hope everyone has had a great summer – I can’t believe it’s almost over, but I’m so lookingforward to cooler falltemps. Here in the South summer equals humidity, and by this time each year I’m just OVER IT.
I actually put together this playlist a few months ago, but just now getting around to posting. There’s a lot of new songs here, and also a few throwbacks I hope you enjoy as well. Here is the Spotify link: cycle tunes 7.09.16
- the strumbellas – spirits (3:23) : warm up.
- needtobreathe – drive all night (4:13) : love this song, it’s got a great beat. starting to climb here. surge uphill on the chorus.
- sia/sean paul – cheap thrills (3:44) : great new song, this one is so fun. sprints here on the chorus. about 30 sec. each.
- the cars – just what i needed (3:45) : keep resistance from the sprints. surges in the saddle, longer stretches of time than the prior set of springs. or if you’re up for another climb, get after it.
- justin beiber – sorry (3:20) : lifts in and out of the saddle
- red hot chili peppers – dark necessities (5:02) : this is a longer one, but our first peak climb of the day. about four resistance additions to the top, or more if you like to space them out a bit.
- p!nk – just like fire (3:36) : bring this one back down to the flat road and sprint on the chorus. they’re about 30 sec. each.
- coldplay – paradise (4:38) : keep resistance from prior set of sprints. enjoy the flat road, with one increase. longer surges in the saddle.
- meghan trainor – NO (3:33) : i have a love/hate relationship with this song. get the resistance heavy in the beginning and then surge downhill. repeat through balance of the song.
- the black crowes – jealous again (4:34) : final climb of the day. this is a fun one, surge up to the top.
- flo rida – my house (3:12) : lifts in and out of the saddle.
- red hot chili peppers (4:25) : i was on a RHCP kick when i made this playlist. love them. cool down and stretch.
hope to keep these coming on a more regular basis as we are officially in holiday season. so hard to believe thanksgiving is right around the corner. here is the spotify link : Cycle tunes 10.7.13 enjoy! brooke fraser – coachella (3:32) : one of my favorite singers/songs. warm up / stretch van halen – […]
but we all know how that usually turns out. I have signed up for the Tobacco Road Half Marathon on Sunday, March 17th. I need your help compiling a good running playlist. Please help! Having good music is an absolute must, and I am actually going to train this time! Feel free to subscribe to my training playlist on Spotify, I will update with your suggestions and another great workout tunes I come across. Here is the link: thirteen.one
I put together a new playlist this week after several weeks of climbing work. This one isn’t too focused on climbing, but a lot of intervals. Play around with the accelerations– wether you focus on speed, strength or out of the saddle work. Here is the Spotify link: cycle tunes 11.15.12 Enjoy!
- maroon 5 – one more night (3:40) : i can’t stop singing this song! so catchy. starting here with stretching/warm up.
- emeli sande – wonder (3:23) : another song i love. initial climb here, nothing crazy. continuing warm up.
- afro jack, eva simons (3:41) – take over control & ellie goulding – anything could happen (4:47) : standing climb with seated accelerations. warm up for 1 min. two rounds of 30 sec out of saddle climb, 30 sec seated push. one minute recovery. three rounds of 30 sec out of saddle climb, 30 sec seated push.
- cold war kids – hang me up to dry (3:39) & savage garden – i want you (3:52) : only steady uphill climb. three peaks. i took the first one slowly and picked up the pace for the final two.
- imagine dragons – it’s time (3:28) : active, flat road.
- outatime – ain’t nobody (5:01) : lifts, in and out of the saddle. i start with 20 sec in/out and progress down to a quick 5 sec in/out.
- kelly clarkson- whyyawannabringmedown (2:43) : recovery here. couple of 20 second accelerations if you need it.
- david guetta, estelle – one love (3:59) : climb- in and out of the saddle. 45 sec in / 45 out.
- madonna – celebration (3:59) : sprints. 25 seconds, 35 second recovery.
- five for fighting – superman (3:41) : cool down / recovery.
hi everyone, a new playlist for this week. it required some last minute changes halfway through as in one of the original songs enrique iglesias used some not so nice language. will definitely put together an “old school jams” playlist for my next class to compensate. here is the spotify link for this ride, enjoy! cycle tunes 10.18.12
- the distillery – bang your mullet (southern style) (3:20) : try not to judge the name of this song. it’s a fun one for warming up and stretching.
- wolf gang – the king and all of his men (4:04) : couple of easy hills as we warm up.
- train – 50 ways to say goodbye (4:08) : surges up hill.
- stevie nicks – edge of seventeen (5:30) : climbing, two tall peaks. i encouraged the class to picture themselves as stevie, wind blowing in her hair, climbing uphill.
- gotye, kimbra – somebody that i used to know (tiesto remix) (4:33) : lifts, in and out of saddle.
- chris brown – don’t wake me up (3:42) : surges.
- rihanna – diamonds (3:45) & needtobreathe – drive all night (4:13) : climbing, two tall peaks.
- capital cities – safe and sound (3:13) : endurance ride, heavy resistance.
- kelly clarkson – whyyawannabringmedown (2:43) : surges
- watermark – gloria (3:11) : cool down and stretching
new playlist to celebrate the approaching end of summer. have a lot of new tunes from some artists you may not recognize– support new bands! here is the link to spotify : cycle tunes 8.23.12 enjoy, please post in comments if you have suggestions!
- kenny chesney – feel like a rock star (3:28) : warm up/stretch
- of monsters and men – mountain sound (3:31) : rolling hills
- calvin harris ft. ne-yo – let’s go (radio edit) (3:46) : sprints
- dragonette – let it go (3:32) : climb
- madonna – turn up the radio – r3hab remix (5:42) : climb, lifts in and out of the saddle
- capital cities – safe and sound (3:13) : continue climb, lifts
- angels and airwaves – the adventure (5:13) : endurance word, lifts
- the wanted – chasing the sun (3:19) : sprints
- nero – promises (skrillex remix) (4:29) : climb, lifts
- florence + the machine – dog days are over (4:12) : recovery, endurance
- kelly clarkson – whyyawannabringmedown (2:43) : last set of sprints!
- sia – breathe me (4:35) : cool down/stretch