Hope everyone has had a great summer – I can’t believe it’s almost over, but I’m so lookingforward to cooler falltemps. Here in the South summer equals humidity, and by this time each year I’m just OVER IT.
I actually put together this playlist a few months ago, but just now getting around to posting. There’s a lot of new songs here, and also a few throwbacks I hope you enjoy as well. Here is the Spotify link: cycle tunes 7.09.16
- the strumbellas – spirits (3:23) : warm up.
- needtobreathe – drive all night (4:13) : love this song, it’s got a great beat. starting to climb here. surge uphill on the chorus.
- sia/sean paul – cheap thrills (3:44) : great new song, this one is so fun. sprints here on the chorus. about 30 sec. each.
- the cars – just what i needed (3:45) : keep resistance from the sprints. surges in the saddle, longer stretches of time than the prior set of springs. or if you’re up for another climb, get after it.
- justin beiber – sorry (3:20) : lifts in and out of the saddle
- red hot chili peppers – dark necessities (5:02) : this is a longer one, but our first peak climb of the day. about four resistance additions to the top, or more if you like to space them out a bit.
- p!nk – just like fire (3:36) : bring this one back down to the flat road and sprint on the chorus. they’re about 30 sec. each.
- coldplay – paradise (4:38) : keep resistance from prior set of sprints. enjoy the flat road, with one increase. longer surges in the saddle.
- meghan trainor – NO (3:33) : i have a love/hate relationship with this song. get the resistance heavy in the beginning and then surge downhill. repeat through balance of the song.
- the black crowes – jealous again (4:34) : final climb of the day. this is a fun one, surge up to the top.
- flo rida – my house (3:12) : lifts in and out of the saddle.
- red hot chili peppers (4:25) : i was on a RHCP kick when i made this playlist. love them. cool down and stretch.
I had no idea it had been 9 MONTHS since I last posted a playlist until I opened up wordpress for this new post. so sorry for the lag everyone – I gave up my weekly class a little over a month ago and have just been subbing at the YWCA on an as-needed basis, typically on Saturdays. I was super inspired last week by new music and had to create a new playlist for this weekend’s class. Here is the spotify link, hope you enjoy! cycle tunes 10.4.14
- tears for fears – everybody wants to rule the world (4:12) : warm up, stretching
- rolling stones – brown sugar (3:49) : this continues to be one of my favorite spin songs for getting the ride started. getting everyone warmed up with a few surges up our first climb. not super heavy, but just enough to get everyone warm.
- coldplay – sky full of stars (4:29) : more of a flat road here, but surges of speed in the saddle with the beat. love this song!
- fleetwood mac – go your own way (3:44) : starting our first major climb of the day, this song gets you through the first half. three increases to approx 80% of your max resistance.
- whitesnake – here i go again (3:54) : this one starts off slow – you’re at the top of the climb here. take it out of the saddle, add one final increase. drop it in the saddle, hold that gear. back out of the saddle. lower gear, and finish out the climb.
- john legend – all of me remix (4:12) : resistance at approx 70-75% of your max. lifts in and out of the saddle. quick pace.
- the cars – just what i needed (3:45) : recovery. back to about 60% of your max resistance, two 60 second endurance pushes in the saddle. not sprinting here, but focused on holding that running pace for a longer period of time.
- fitz and the tantrums – the walker (3:53) : steady, easy climb. four increases to the top.
- matt and kim – daylist (2:51) : one, 60 second endurance push in the saddle.
- ram jam – black betty (3:56) : final climb, surges to the top. try to keep the gear heavy, this is the last one!
- la roux – bulletproof (3:26) : lifts in and out of the saddle.
- peter bradley adams – the longer I run (4:11) : cool down, stretching