Hi everyone! Hope y’all have had a great start to 2015, and if you’re an instructor, I’m sure you’re in the midst of the busy “resolution season!” While gyms are a little more crowded than normal, it is fun encouraging new faces and cheering people on toward their goals.
I have a new playlist for you — based on feedback from my class this morning, I think it’s a good one. A lot of heavy climbing, with a couple of flat road sprints/surges mixes in. Here is the spotify link, enjoy! cyle tunes 1.12.15
- hogni – bow down (2:41) : warm up, stretching
- florence + the machine – dog days are over (4:12) : i haven’t played this one in a while, but a couple of easy hills to get things started
- guns n’ roses – sweet child o’ mine (5:56) : this is the beginning of over 8 minutes of climbing. here is the first half. i started with one solid peak to the top over the course of this song, four increases to the top.
- 3OH!3 – back to life (3:46) : finishing up the climb here. slight downhill and then a steep increase at the end
- wolfmother – woman (2:56) : quick flat road here to recover from the climbing, approx 70% of max resistance, quick pace
- katy perry – this is how we do (3:24) : I can’t help it, this is one of my favorite songs and I continue to add to my playlists. time for some lifts in and out of the saddle
- sia – chandelier (3:36) : surges in the saddle
- avicii – the days (4:38) : time for our second set of hills. first peak over the course of this song.
- coldplay – a sky full of stars (4:28) : second peak, this is it for the heavy hills!
- mark ronson/bruno mars – uptown funk (4:31) : lifts in and out of the saddle
- calvin harris – feel so close (3:26) : surges in the saddle
- ben howard – keep your head up (4:25) : cool down / stretching
Hi everyone – I have a new playlist for you! I mentioned this in my last post, but I’m only teaching once a month– which is actually motivation for me to create a new playlist each time I teach. I am thinking about expanding the site a bit and posting more frequently- is there anything else that would be helpful or would you just like to see playslists?
This one is pretty random in terms of content, but a good mix of climbing/flat road/ sprints. Enjoy! Here is the spotify link: cycle tunes 12.13.14
- earth, wind & fire – september (3:35) : warm up/stretch
- zz top – sharp dressed man (4:13) : rolling hills to get everyone warmed up
- lynyrd skynyrd – gimme three steps (4:30) : you can do pretty much anything here – I am going with some quick surges at approx. 60-70% of max resistance, but you could also throw in a straight climb, lifts in and out of the saddle- whatever you’re feeling!
- citizen cope – bullet and a target (3:49) : i have to admit, i am throwing this one in for myself- i love this song. i take a steady, steep climb on this tune.
- vance joy – riptide (3:24) : this is a great one for downhill run.
- benny benassi – control (3:29) : again, this is another personal favorite. sprints on this one.
- scissor sisters – only the horses (3:43) : quick pace, lifts in and out of the saddle.
- crazy town – butterfly (3:37) : same as earlier in the ride, surges at approx 60-70% max resistance.
- angels and airwaves – the adventure (5:13) : this is the longest push of the day. this song starts off slow, but we’re on to the second, steady climb of the day.
- k’naan – wavin’ flag (3:33) : steady, quick pace. flat road.
- katy perry – this is how we do (3:24) : final push of the day, lifts in and out of the saddle.
- alabama shakes – hold on (3:46) : cool down/stretch
hi everyone! hope you are enjoying an extended MLK weekend. this playlist may be one of my favorites… a lot of endurance work (which relies on the class really pushing themselves on the long stretches of uncomfortable resistance), but a few climbs to break up the ride. here is the spotify link, enjoy! cycle tunes 1.17.13
- the script, will.i.am – hall of fame (3:23) : really great warm up song.
- calvin harris, florence welch – sweet nothing (3:33) : quick seated surges on the chorus.
- liquid soul – adrenaline (7:51) : here comes the endurance work. almost 8 minutes in the saddle. uncomfortable resistance, but not a direct uphill climb. can mix it up with one minute out of the saddle, one minute 5 rpm surge, etc.
- icona pop – i love it (2:36) : ok, i really like the pop beat of this song, but there are a few unfavorable words that i had to manually edit. but it’s so fun! time for lifts in and out of the saddle.
- chris brown – don’t wake me up (3:43) : surges/sprints.
- golden earring – radar love (3:44) : ok, this song was recorded before my dad was out of high school (love that it’s sandwiched between chris brown and jessie j). but it’s really great for climbing.
- jessie j – domino (3:52) : surges and/or lifts.
- morgan page – body work (4:00) : another solid endurance push. can also move into a slight uphill climb toward the end.
- u2 – where the streets have no name (4:47) : feel free to continue with some endurance work (i skipped ahead for the first 1 min or so of song to keep momentum) or move into climbing.
- ke$ha – die young (3:32) : can’t believe i used ke$ha, but i did. sprints to finish the ride.
- the head and the heart – lost in my mind (4:19) : stretch / cool down.