summer is officially here, and i love it! this playlist is a pretty random mix of tunes, but i love focusing on sweat-inducing endurance work during the summer. here is the spotify link: endurance ride 5.31.12
- lecrae – walking on water (3:41) : warm up/stretch
- benny benassi ft. gary go – control (3:29) : endurance pushes, focusing on speed – 90rpms, adding gear until you hit a 70% perceived rate of exertion (PRE). 1 min at 70%, 45 sec 80%, 1 min 70%.
- britt nicole – amazing life (3:34) : sprints on chorus.
- queen – another one bites the dust (3:35) : steady, in the saddle climb. heavy peak.
- ok go – here it goes again (3:00) : back to endurance work. 1 min 70%, 1 min 80%, 1 min 70%.
- the ataris – boys of summer (4:18) : sprints on chorus.
- bruno mars – runaway baby (2:28) : in and out of the saddle climb. it is quick, but don’t skimp on intensity.
- tom petty – running down a dream (4:23) : long, steady run. 4 min in the saddle. increases on each minute. class needs to get in the zone here, but don’t let them slack on speed!
- marvin gaye – ain’t no mountain (2:26) : if the class really gave their all on the last four minutes, i use this for recovery. if they slacked off, i would bring them out of the saddle for a climb here.
- LMFAO – party rock anthem (4:26) : endurance pushes. 90 sec at 70%, 90 sec at 80%, 90 sec at 70%.
- katy perry – E.T. (benny benassi radio edit) (3:21) : sprints on chorus. last set. three, heavy 30 sec sprints. i took these out of the saddle to give the bottom a break, but if you used the earlier recovery for out of saddle climb, it may not be necessary here.
- the black keys – lonely boy (3:13) : final climb, quick in the saddle.
- the lumineers – stubborn love (4:39) : cool down, stretch.