apologies for the delay in posting this week! things have been a little busy and i have been working on some other fun features for the blog, so please stay tuned!
this ride is 45 minutes, but the bulk of the work is roughly 10 minutes of climbing, followed by 10 minutes of sprinting and ends with 10 minutes of lifts in and out of the saddle. here it is:
- whitney houston – how will i know? (junior vasquez club version) (4:10) : warm up/stretch
- gavin degraw – in love with a girl (3:26) : here is the start of our climbing work. this is a seated climb, starting at a PRE 6 (6/10 – moderately heavy resistance). standing, picking up speed on the chorus. increase tension one or two gears when seated.
- avett brothers – kick drum heart (2:54) : quick seated climb. this hill is not as steep, but quick speed. not dropping below 85 rpms, even through peak. slight increases every 20-30 seconds.
- wyclef jean – i’m ready (3:55) : out of the saddle climb. this is the steepest climb. you’ll need to start at approx PRE 5/6 to protect knees out of the saddle.
- kelly clarkson – stronger (3:42) : let the sprinting begin! sprinting on chorus, recovery in between
- the veronicas – untouched (4:15) : 4 rounds of 10-20 second standing sprints followed by 30 seconds of recovery.
- good charlotte – i don’t wanna be in love (dance floor anthem) (4:04) : final set of sprints. 3, 30 second sprints. 30 seconds of recovery in between. these will fall in line with chorus.
- whitney houston – it’s not right but it’s ok (dance mix) (4:16) : this starts lifts in and out of the saddle. for this first 4 minutes, i gave breaks during verses, and went for 6 count during the chorus.
- the beatards – don’t step on my sneakers (3:13) & outkast – hey ya! (3:59) : here we moved into 6 count for 2 minutes, break for 30 seconds, 4 count for 2 minutes, break for 30 seconds and 6 count for 2 minutes.
- cake – the distance (3:00) : this is one of my favorite songs for a strong finish. there will be 2, 30 second pushes UPHILL. i challenge the class to make this the most difficult hill of the ride.
- kid rock – all summer long (4:58) : cool down / stretch